Welcome to "of This Blazing World," a space of my own in this incorporeal domain that is the Internet. I have a request of you, reader: please don't be afraid to contradict and correct me. I'm here to learn as much as anything else. When I think about the first statement I made in this entry, I already doubt the truth behind my words. In many ways, the internet isn't incorporeal at all. It is produced with and displayed on entirely tangible material. However, the form this text takes when not displayed on a screen is incorporeal in that it doesn't exist in any way a human mind can comprehend. And that's the desired destination of my writing anyway, your mind. That's where ideas are really given life. When you read this, my words exist in you. Your white matter forms new neuron connections to process it all, and the thoughts that originated with me are assimilated into a very real part of you. So keep reading as I try not to be narcissistic, knowing that another human being finds my thoughts consequential enough to read.
Writing is an exploratory process for me, and there is so much in life to explore. I want to know it all; the love and pain, the contentment and turmoil. I want to eat it up, and drink it down. Like a warm cup of tea on a cold, stormy night, our lives slowly slip away with each sip of time, and the storm is always around us, fantastic and terrifying. Through better and worse, chaotic and calm, this world is full of experience. It's blazing with the fire of compassion, the flame of life, and the warmth of love. In a sense, all of human experience is kindled by the emotive forces of this blazing world.
Like the great 17th century writer, Margaret Cavendish, we can all create entire worlds inside our skulls. All of these worlds reflect reality to some degree. Sometimes works of fancy can reveal more about the world than direct explorations. Even so, the real world is where my interest really remains. You're welcome to adventure with me as I go exploring with fancy and nonfiction alike.
~Danielle,
Writer of the Blazing World We Share
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"our lives slowly slip away with each sip of time"
ReplyDeleteI really like this.